Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Petition - a clarification

I was asked by a council officer if I would clarify on this blog the role of the petition, and in the spirit of open-ness - and hopefully following last night's residents meeting, more co-operation on both sides - I am happy to do this.

The petition - which continues to grow - is an open petition, which means anyone with an interest in the issue is free to sign it. However, it is aimed primarily at local residents in Ham and Petersham, and parents of pupils at the schools.

I understand some people under the age of 18, and also outside the borough, have signed the petition and I am happy to accept this is the case. I cannot remove these names, partly as I do not know who exactly these are, and also because regardless of that, there is no reason why they shouldn't express a view.

But I would like to clarify that the primary purpose of the petition is to represent local opposition to the sale of school land.

If further clarification is needed, I am happy to oblige.



1 comment:

  1. I've just stumbled on this blog, I'm not local but if it's not too late, I'm happy to sign it! My aunt (Joy Montford) was a teacher at The Russell School and I went to nursery there for awhile, and I remember being amazed when I spent time with her at the size of the school. I know Joy would have done whatever she could have to support it so I will sign in her memory.

    ReplyDelete