Thursday 4 October 2012

Well - some good news. Nothing is definite

I have been asked to clarify an aspect of what was said at the meeting held on the 24 July in the school, which I am happy to do.

I am told that during questioning, it emerged that funding the potential development by selling Russell School land would be a possibility that could be looked at - but is only one option.

I am happy to make it clear that selling Russell School land is not a fait accompli if the long term redevelopment goes ahead, and there may be other funding options. I will attempt to get some detail on what these may be

Needless to say, our opposition to selling any school land, at Strathmore or The Russell, to fund any development remains. We need lots more detail on what is proposed.




No comments:

Post a Comment